These zero waste beauty gift sets are ideal for the zero waster in your life, if you are stuck for a gift idea. They all feature plant-based biodegradable beauty brands and/or plastic-free beauty bathroom essentials. Do not gift items with essential oils to women who are pregnant/nursing, avoid shea butter for latex allergies.
These gift sets for the eco warrior are all made by a company called Leave No Trace. If you are struggling to find a unique gift for your zero waster, these cut the mustard perfectly. Whether for travel or for kitchen use, these are affordable gifts that are also useful. What’s not to love?
Gift Set for the Eco Warrior
This gift set for the eco warrior is the ideal choice for the eco-friendly peeps in your life. Packed in a nice cardboard box with shredded ‘wood wool’ (shaved FSC-certified wood), this is perfect for people on-the go. Whether they are attending a climate strike protest or saving the whales on the high seas. It features:
- 1 vegan leather snack pouch
- 1 wipe-clean food wrap
- 1 travel cutlery pouch, with bamboo cutlery.
Everything in fact, that your eco-warrior needs to eat food on-the-go without any plastic. Bamboo is the world’s fastest-growing grass (industrial bamboo is not taken from panda habitats). It’s also naturally anti-bacterial. However it doesn’t like water. So don’t leave your bamboo cutlery steeped in the sink, or you may return to find it’s disappeared! That’s what biodegradable does.
Zero Waste Starter Kit
Zero Waste Starter Kit is a nice gift set with individual products worth £75 if bought individually. This lifestyle kit includes a paper bag backpack (made with a practical washable paper that makes a bag to fit your laptop and other items). The kit also includes a water bottle made from sustainable bamboo and stainless steel (double-walled inside to keep drinks ice-cold for up to 4 hours). And a bamboo coffee cup and bamboo straw. 10% of profits go to charities that are helping to rid our oceans of plastic, to protect marine wildlife.
The Ocean Lover’s Natural Gift Set
The Ocean Lover’s Natural Gift Set is a beautiful gift for anyone who loves the seaside and marine creatures. Who needs plastic-wrapped tat from the chemist, when you can treat those you love to this? Nestled in thick shredded recycled kraft paper and presented in a card gift box, each set includes a gift message or write your own. The kit includes:
- The book How to Save the World for Free, an upbeat book to live a better world, from the founder of an ocean charity.
- An organic cotton mesh produce bag, to replace those plastic baggies at the supermarket, use these instead to weigh your fruits and veggies, the mesh means it’s are easy to see on the checkout and weighs nothing (ideal for garlic, ginger, mushrooms & tomatoes)
- A Kind Bag with a Koi fish print, made from 6 recycled plastic bottles, this folds neatly into a pouch (wash in a microfiber catch bag to help stop microplastics breaking off in the machine).
- A bar of Love Cocoa Sea Salt 70% dark chocolate from Peru blended with Maldon Essex sea salt flakes. (chocolate and salt are toxic to pets, use a letterbox guard, for safety).
- 2 reusable bamboo straws, wash before use.
- A bamboo spork (mini fork/spoon)
Zero Waste Travel Kit
Zero Waste Travel Kit is ideal for the eco jetsetter. The kit features a bamboo toothbrush in a bamboo travel case (pull out the bristles at end of life and compost the handle), a bamboo cutlery set in an organic cotton pouch, a bamboo straw (with metal straw cleaner with coconut husk bristles) and a handmade shampoo bar (vegan, no palm oil) in a choice of 3 scents -citrus, mint or lavender tea tree – avoid essential oils for pregnancy/nursing).
The kit also includes a wooden pocket comb. There is an option for organic cotton red or green gift wrap, if wished. A portion of profits from this box goes to Surfers Against Sewage.